This past Sunday, we anxiously waited for HBO to release the premiere of Game of Thrones. Much to our surprise though, the wait would be over sooner than we anticipated– the Game of Thrones Season 5 premiere had leaked! Actually, 4 entire episodes leaked online and were available for download. Then began the internal debate of whether to binge watch all available episodes or watch it week by week as they released. Which party will you be part of?
As always, the ladies of George RR Martin’s fictional world are endlessly inspiring. This time we’re looking to Missandei for style inspiration. Speaker of nineteen languages, trusted advisor to the Khaleesi from Astapor to Yunkai to Mereen, she is one of many strong female characters in Game of Thrones that we love. As time goes on, Missandei’s outfits begin to mirror Daenerys’ with matching halter necklines, which is just fine with us because we love stealing their style. Read on below for instructions on how to get her drapey blue dress look:
1. Start with the Convertible Dress worn forwards and necklace on. Feed one of the straps behind and through the necklace.
2. Take the other strap and feed it over and through the necklace
3. Then guide both straps down the sides of your bust and towards the waist
4. Wrap the straps around the waist once or twice, depending on the length of straps left and tie in a double knot at the back.
5. Take the Sash and wrap around the waist, tying at the back as well.
6. You’re all done! But accessorize with a metallic belt if you’re trying to get Missandei’s exact look!
So how close did we get? If you’re interested in getting Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen’s look, check out this Steal Her Style and follow along for more features to come!