This blog post was originally written by Paulina Gugala.
Today we’ll be stealing the style of Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons. Got it?
With the 8th and final season of HBO's Game of Thrones premiering on April 14, 2019, we find ourselves in eager anticipation and equal dread because...what will we do when it ends? Who will live and who will die, and who will win the great battle to come? And which character's fate are you most invested in?
For us, the Khaleesi is definitely at the top of the list!
Here we take a look back at Dany’s style (Emilia Clarke) from Season 5 – way before she met John Snow (Kit Harington) but definitely already well-established as a strong leader liberating slaves. During this season, she tended towards a halter neckline and her advisor Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel) often dressed similarly to her.
We loved this look, so check out how to get her regal style with our Game of Thrones style maxi dress and the instructions below:
What You Will Need
1. Start with the convertible dress worn forwards.
2. Take the straps and cross them across your chest and bring each strap back over your shoulders.
3. Then cross the straps at the back of your neck, making sure not to twist them and bring them both forward across your chest.
4. Bring the straps back down around your waist and to the small of your back then tie into a double knot.
5. Take the Sash and drape it over your shoulders.
6. You’re all done. You’re ready to rule… or go to a Comicon!