This blog post was originally written by Sylvia Wong.
This Steal Her Style feature is focused on the beautiful white draped dress that made Daenerys Targaryen's outfit (Emilia Clarke) in Season 3 of HBO's Game of Thrones. One thing we love about her character was her transformation from a meek girl who was pushed around by her brother into a strong female leader. Actually, that’s what we love about the whole series– the strong female characters.
Read on to learn how we styled our Sakura convertible dress into a gown worthy of a Queen.
What You Will Need to Recreate This Daenerys Targaryen OutfitSakura Chiffon Wedding Dress
– Convertible Sash in Night Black
Style above: Gloria
1. Start with the convertible dress worn forwards and the chiffon overlay layered on top of the skirt.
2. Next, bring the straps together and tie the sash around them in a knot.
3. Bring the Convertible Sash towards your neck.
4. Tie the sash around your neck like a halter.
5. Then bring the sash down and tie it around your waist.
6. Double knot or twist the sash around itself and you’re all done with your Daenerys Targaryen outfit!
Note that depending on your height, you may need to tuck the straps back up into the sash because they’re quite long.