There are so many amazing reasons to fall in love with spring! The fresh smell in the air, the blooming buds and flowers, the perfect weather that’s not too hot and not too cold, it’s a beautiful time of year! Knowing all of this, we weren’t surprised to see that spring weddings are slowly starting to push summer weddings to #2 in popularity. For all you lovely brides saying “I do” during the spring season, here are 10 expert tips for planning a spring wedding that your guests will remember for years to come!
1. Plan well in advance: With more and more couples jumping on the spring-wagon, venues get booked up quickly come the warmer weather. Make sure to book your venue well in advance to secure the spot that you want!
2. Choose a venue that has an indoor/outdoor option: Unless you live in an area that has mild weather, most of us have experienced the unpredictable nature of the spring season. Keep this in mind when booking a venue and ask how previous couples dealt with an unexpected rainfall that popped in during the day. A venue with an indoor/outdoor option would provide a great backup plan and also provide some shelter from the cool evening air.
3. Keep your bridesmaids in mind: Maybe that super poofy, layered bridesmaid dress you picked out during the winter isn’t the best idea for the warmer weather. However, a thin midi dress may not be enough for this time of year. Consider a few options and make sure to provide a shawl or scarf to keep your bridesmaids cozy throughout the night.
4. Bring an emergency kit: Spring usually brings on the beginnings of allergy season for many people, so bring a few packs of allergy medication to make sure your guests are comfortable throughout the day. It may also be a good idea to bring a few cans of bug spray in case any mosquitoes try and crash the party!
5. Take advantage of the seasonal flowers: Consider planning your wedding theme around the beautiful blooms available during the spring season. Sweet Peas and Peonies both come in a beautiful array of colors and look great in bouquets and centerpieces. Take advantage of the spring season and find out what flowers and arrangements are available at your local flower market.
6. Brighten up your wedding: Several brides think that they haveto stick to pastels during the spring season – wrong! Spring is the perfect time of year to add a pop of color to liven up your wedding! Add a beautiful contrasting color such as bright blue or magenta which will contrast the newly bloomed greenery perfectly.
7. Pack a survival kit for each of your bridesmaids: Your bride tribe’s job is to be your henchwomen for the night, so take care of them! Pack a little survival kit for each of your girls that includes some pain medication, mini deodorant or body spray, and maybe some touch-up makeup so that they’ll be feeling great all night.
8. Plan around long weekends: With all the bank holidays during the spring season, try to book your big day on a long weekend. There’s nothing better than knowing you have an extra day off work to recoop after a good party! Just be sure to book well in advance as these days usually get reserved first.
9. DIY spring details: Give away seeds or small potted plants as wedding favors so that your guests can remember your big day long after it’s gone.
10. Embrace the unexpected: As we said before, spring weather is extremely unpredictable. So be ready to go with the flow and don’t let a little bit of rain ruin your mood. Besides, rain on your wedding day is considered good luck in some cultures. A wet knot is harder to untie after all!
So there are our 10 expert tips on planning a spring wedding! We’re excited to announce that we’ve launched our new spring colors just in time for any of you brides that are getting hitched this season. Make sure to check out our new Serene collection at this link.
On this spotlight of Inspiring Women, learn how Julia from Oriana Women's Choir unlocked the key to success in balancing her business and doing what she loves. Oh and we forgot to mention, maintaining a social life!