Capsule Wardrobes are trending strong in fashion right now. Bloggers are all about the concept of minimal wardrobes because they’re not just a way to show your styling creativity but it’s far more resourceful to re-wear your favorite closet pieces than to buy an endless number of new clothes. In general, the minimalist clothing concept is really catching on; from the Marie Kondo book “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up” to the Fashion Editor who wore the same uniform everyday to work to avoid decision fatigue, we’re all trying to simplify our lives. Why? Because in the end, the things we wear are important but we shouldn’t spend that much of our precious time and money on disposable fashion. The question really is, “How much of your wardrobe do you really love and wear regularly?”. The answer is probably a small percentage which is why we think it’s worth it to consider buying high quality investment pieces that you really want to wear everyday instead of buying fillers that just take up space.
At Henkaa, we’ve always been about doing more with less and keeping your cost-per-wear low, so we’ve decided to put the concept of ConvertiStyle to work and challenge ourselves (and you Henkaanistas) to a wardrobe challenge that will be both fun and maybe help you change the way you shop for clothes in the long run! Read the rules and check out Jo’s Journey below:
Henkaa 15×30 Capsule Wardrobe Rules:
1. Choose any 15 items for your “capsule” (we chose 15 rather than the usual 30 because of rule 2…)
2. One item should be a Henkaa Convertible Dress (they can be worn from 15 to 40 different ways!)
3. Get creative! Wear 30 different outfits with only those 15 items
Note: Underwear and jewelry doesn’t need to be counted in your 15 items, nor does swimwear or sports gear.
How can I join the 15×30 Capsule Wardrobe Challenge?
Are you up for the challenge? Could you pull off only wearing 15 items for 30 days?
– Start by choosing your 15 closet items. Choosing items that can be worn in multiple ways helps. Picking a color scheme helps too!
– Don’t wait for a special day to start; it doesn’t have to be the first day of a month or week. Today’s as good as any!
– Take photos of each of your 15×30 outfits. You can do it daily or weekly, whatever works for you!
– Join us on our journey and use hashtag #Henkaa15x30 on instagram to post your daily outfit photos and check out who else is participating
– Make your own hashtag to document your story… follow Jo’s at #JoHenkaaJourney and let us know what your own hashtag is in the comments!
Are you in? Comment below to let us know!
Jo’s 15×30 Capsule Wardrobe Contents:
– 1 Calla Convertible Dress
– 3 tops: a tshirt, a Convertible Bandeau, a button up blouse
– 3 bottoms: jeans, a Hana Chiffon Overlay, leggings
– 3 accessories: pantyhose, a Sydney Infinity Scarf, a Convertible Sash
– 2 layering jackets: a Blazer, a Cardigan
– 3 shoes: Heels, Sandals, Soleswap Foldable Ballet Flats
Check out how she remixes only those 15 items in the outfits below! Click on the photos to zoom in and read outfit details and check back to see more updates: