Steal Her Style: Lupita Nyong'o at the 2018 BAFTA Awards
This blog post was originally written by Madeleine Villa.
Lupita Nyong'o has become one of the elite actresses of Hollywood after being in hits: 12 Years a Slave, the Star Wars films and most recently Black Panther. No surprise there, shes impeccable!
Not only is she an incredible actress, but her sense of fashion is also inspiring. She is often photographed on the red carpet with the title of best dressed and her look for the 2018 British Academy of Film and Television Awards was no different. Nyong'o wore a black and gold Elie Saab gown heavily influenced by art deco.
Find out how you can steal her 2018 BAFTA red carpet look by using our Night Black Sakura Maxi convertible dress!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: NIGHT BLACK SAKURA MAXI
1) Put on the Sakura, Place the straps over your shoulders so the straps are in the back
2) Cross the straps behind your back and pull each strap back to the front
3) Put each strap over the opposite shoulder
4) Thin the straps out and pull them tight to give you more fabric later
5) Cross the straps in the back once more and bring them to the front
6) Bring each strap around your waist
7) Tie a double knot at the back. If you don't have enough fabric stop at step 6 and tie the knot in the front
8) Get someone to help you perfect the straps in the back to create a lattice design\
9) Pull the straps down over your chest. Use Body tape if necessary to keep straps in place
10) Pull the shoulder straps so that they mimic Lupita's
This style features a lattice style back and high neckline, a classy way to show some skin!