The Henkaa collection recently expanded to include lace! The Hana Lace Overlay is a gorgeous layer that you can wear over a Sakura Convertible Dress. Much like the other lovely overlays in the Hana Overlay Collection, this sheer layer is ideal for adding extra texture and movement to a convertible dress. While it’s usually shown with the Sakura Pure Ivory Convertible Dress, we tried it out here over a Sakura Peach Pink Coral Maxi Convertible Dress and loved the results! Read on to see how we pulled this look together:
1. Start with a Sakura Convertible Dress (we chose Peach Pink Coral). Put the dress on reversed so that the straps are at the back & then drape them over to the front.
2. The reversed dress should look like a tube dress with long straps over the shoulders.
3. Pull a Lace Skirt/Dress on over your head and wear it just over the bust.
4. Take the straps and bring them under the arms, similar to the Sophia Style tutorial. Cross them over at the back.
5. Now cross the straps over the bust to form a sweetheart neckline like the Love Style Tutorial.
6. Bring the straps to the back and tie them in a knot… OR
7. Wrap the straps around to the front and tie them into a knot.
8. and it’s easy as that! Any convertible dress can be dressed up or given that feminine lacey texture with a simple overlay.
Lace has been coming back as a heavy-hitter for the past few summers and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down! How will you wear lace this year?
On this spotlight of Inspiring Women, learn how Julia from Oriana Women's Choir unlocked the key to success in balancing her business and doing what she loves. Oh and we forgot to mention, maintaining a social life!