In our previous travel tuesday post one of our readers Sylvie requested for tutorials for the curvaceous and I’m here to deliver. You asked for it, and your wish is our command.
We’re going to start a new series that shows how to modify some popular Henkaa styles for ladies with larger busts. Today we’re going to start with one of our favorite strapless styles, the Love. We’re “busting it out” by creating a modified chest area to create more coverage and security when you’re up and about town.
If you want to learn how to create this style follow the steps below…
What you’ll need: a Sakura Peach Pink Coral Mini Convertible Dress.
1. Begin with the straps of the dress forward.
2. Take the both straps and bring them under the arms towards the back, taking care to cover the rounded tops of the chest. If you are wearing a strapless bra, use the shape of the bra as a guideline.
3. Carefully wrap both straps flat (without twisting them) and cross them over in the back.
4. Bring both straps to the front and cross them over chest creating the “ Love” style or sweetheart neckline at the front.
5. Bring the straps to the back again under your arms and secure the dress in place by tying a double knot
You have now created our classic “ Love” style.
6. To modify this style for more coverage, pull down the overlapping side of the “sweetheart” and lift one of the inner layers of the straps to the top of your bust. This will create a faux bandeau style.
You are done! Dance away with no worries!
Tip: Tuck in the top hem of the straps to your bra to create a more secure and defined style.
This style really looks lovely in all the other colors and lengths of our Sakura Convertible Dresses. So try it out on a night out or any other occasion and let us know how it goes!
On this spotlight of Inspiring Women, learn how Julia from Oriana Women's Choir unlocked the key to success in balancing her business and doing what she loves. Oh and we forgot to mention, maintaining a social life!